Monday, May 2, 2011

A glass of Sierra Foothill wine on the beach at Tahoe in June

So today I set up a new Twitter account called @SierraFoothill.  The intent is to promote the wines of this exciting region that I like to refer to as "the new Napa".  I know I'll be blasted about that, but seriously, some darned good winemakers ended up there because Napa land was too expensive and they simply had a passion they couldn't deny:  the passion to make good wine. 

Now it's time to get serious about these wines and wineries.  Just how many wineries are there?  If you guess correctly by May 31, I'll personally pour you a glass of wine on a private beach on Lake Tahoe's West Shore.  A Sierra Foothill wine.  I'll even cook dinner for you, date TBD mutually in June.

Since I did my last count (http://tinyurl.com/4894lwu), I've heard from a few new wineries.  Over the next few weeks, I'll be writing about them.  Keep track. 

There's a great fun time at Tahoe in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment